If you are looking for a fun way to teach your students about nutrition and a healthy lifestyle, check out Giant Food’s Passport to Nutrition.
Geared towards children ages 8 to 12, Giant’s Passport to Nutrition kit features student activities, videos, and a theme song all teaching kids how to:
- Build a balanced plate using MyPlate guidelines
- Fuel up with the right foods to provide enough energy for an entire day’s activities
- Find foods with different nutrients and understand the importance of each nutrient for our bodies
- Read a Nutrition Facts label to make healthy food choices
- Become serving savvy and learn to spot an appropriate serving size
Students can also experiment with how taste works and explore what it means to be properly hydrated.
If interested in obtaining a free Passport to Nutrition kit, teachers and organizational leaders can visit the following website to complete the order form. http://kids.giantfood.com/passport/order.html
Kits include 30 student workbooks, 1 sticker sheet, 2 classroom posters, and a DVD containing student challenges. Additional resources about healthy eating can be found on Giant’s website by visiting www.giantfood.com/kidhealthyideas.
You can also book a Kids Healthy Ideas field trip to your local Giant Food store at www.FieldTripFactory.com. The Giant store is the ideal place to get hands-on practice identifying healthy foods and to reinforce the nutrition and lifestyle lessons students learn in the classroom.